Friday, October 25, 2013

Our 2nd World accommodations!


Let’s just say that we've been living very simple. Our household goods are in route but it will be another 5 weeks before it arrives. To make life easy and livable to American standards, we have made a few purchases. Nothing fancy but good enough for the Patino family!

Our Kitchen/ multi use table!! It will eventually make it's way to our Master bedroom patio when our stuff arrives. I've added a few touches: $.50 place mats and $3.00 pillows and it now looks fabulous. Let me not forget to mention the view...green, green and more green!

Our bed!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's a Queen pillow rest raised with a built-in electric pump air mattress. Seriously, the best investment we've purchased here. Brandon also has the same one. We brought our fancy linens - this one is courtesy of my sister-in-law when she was 15. I LOVE it! Hawaii is my favorite place to be and thought this would bring me joy everyday when I make our bed in the morning. Great choice on my behalf.

We can't forget our new High definition TV we brought from the United States. This TV is so high tech, 1080p that Panama still need to catch up with it. We decided to order the newest, latest and greatest TV package that offers HD thinking that it would be in comparison to the US. We were wrong, HD here in Panama is 720p and regular channels are 420p. Oh well! I'm happy to say that I logged into my Netflix account and it works here!!! YES!! I've never been a big fan of Netflix but this will offer us a world of TV that we don't have access to.

Brandon brought his X Box 360 and a few games. As of today, he won't be able to purchase X Box games here. The gaming system used here is PlayStation. Panama is still developing and will eventually catch up to the rest of the world. For now, this isn't a big deal since kids in our neighborhood play outside and summer is soon approaching. 

You know that cool technology box that you have nicely installed in your home? Well here they still run cable in the homes and the mess to install this still lingers. I'm not sure how I'm going to hide this when our stuff gets here but this is as good as it gets! Honestly, at this point, I don't care where it was as long as I had access to the internet.We applied for this service 9 days ago and today it was finally installed! Brandon has not been able to do homework and I've needed internet to contact my family for free. 

Lastly, when we moved in, these devices were all over our home. They eliminate excess humidity and odor in the home. We have now invested in a few more and they seem to be working well. They are small enough to hide or will become part of our decor! 

We are getting used to the simple life. Al and I are sleeping well in our fancy air mattress and we have just enough to make our home a home. I'm grateful for these last few days as we adjust to our new schedules. I'm anxiously awaiting for my Spanish class and hopefully a job that will follow. For now, I've been in prayer, prayer and more prayer. I will start going to the gym next week and develop my life here. We are abundantly blessed to be here in Panama and happy to report that we really like one church so far. Everything takes time and I look forward to sharing more of our adventure with you! 





No comments:

Post a Comment